Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow, again?

Yes, it appears that Virginia does get snow. 24 inches in December, now we're looking at a squall this evening. Those of you who have goats know what that means: toting gallons and gallons of warm water to wimpy goats who hate to get their feet wet. I end up with an entire pant leg wet, of course, as the bucket inevitably bumps into some unforeseen object.

Oh, but the sense of satisfaction and benevolence when the goats happily slurp down the steaming water. To be taken so well care of... If only we had the time to run water to the barn.

1 comment:

  1. I use a plastic, molded kids "toboggan" to pull my buckets and jugs of water. It works GREAT and keeps me DRY! I just got a new one for this season and it was worth every cent of the $8 at Dollar General. Also the weight helps me maintain a path better.

    HTH

    ReplyDelete