Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Woodworker's Wife




If you've seen my greenhouse, you may be surprised to know that I installed it myself, even the 240 volt electricity. Yes, and the rosette of handmade wood flooring is also mine. Did I fool anyone there? That would be Nicolas', not mine. I am so fortunate to be an apprentice to the master, my man. He he. With lots of encouragement, I really have learned a lot of carpentry skills proving that it's not impossible for the geeky sort like me to do so. Usually, over a fien cup of coffee, Nico makes me some plans, we discuss, then I go build, chicken coops, hayracks, milk stands. He's there to fix the big blunders... Merci mon cheri le "master" charpentier...

Since the day escapes me everyday, I usually find myself finishing up the greenhouse in the evening with a headlamp on for light. So useful, so dorky. Anyway, this evening I finally installed the squirrel blower that is supposed to help with heating and cooling of the greenhouse. It inflates the two layers of plastic covering, creating an air space; sort of like a double entrance to a building. I just hope that I'll get some better germination soon. It's cold here VA and guess what?

It's snowing again...




No comments:

Post a Comment